Miss Prince George’s County’s Outstanding Teen
Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Inc. was organized to encourage positive achievement by helping to nurture and build the scholastic achievement, creative accomplishment, healthy living, and community involvement of our nation’s youth.
Among its initiatives, the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization hosts a national competition intended to encourage and reward the talent, communication skills, community service, and academic achievement of girls between 13 and 17 years of age.
The Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization has also established community-based initiatives and mentoring programs aimed at helping our nation’s youth build character and gain the skills necessary for success in the real world. In partnership with committed adult volunteers, community and business leaders, as well as participants from the national competition, the Organization continues to implement programs aimed at helping young people develop strong values, leadership skills, social conscience, self-worth and conviction about their own potential.
The Organization’s mentoring and community-based initiatives are available to all young people (male and female) between the ages of 13 and 17.
Funds raised by the Organization are being used to fund scholarships for deserving young women according to guidelines established by the Organization’s Board of Directors in accordance with Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations. These funds are also used to establish and develop the Organization’s mentoring programs and community-based initiatives.
The Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization awards scholarships to individuals on the basis of academic merit and civic and social achievement. Scholarships are awarded without condition or obligation to provide future services.
- Be a young lady between the ages of 13 and 17 (click here to view the Age/Education Eligibility Chart)
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet residency requirements by residing or attending school in Prince George’s County
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities set forth by the local program
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss Prince George’s County Competition
If you are interested in becoming a contestant in the Miss Prince George’s County’s Outstanding Teen program, please fill out the contestant contact form.