Areas of Competition
Below is a list of the areas of competition in the Miss Prince George's County competition
- Private Interview: Each contestant participates in an individual 10-minute press conference style interview with our panel of judges. There are typically five judges on a panel. Contestants receive questions about their background as presented on their fact sheet, their educational and career goals, their opinions on current events and social issues and their interests, hobbies and extracurricular activities.
- Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit: Each contestant briefly appears onstage in a one or two piece swimsuit and footwear of her choosing.
- Talent: Contestants perform a 90-second routine of their own choosing. Some possible talents include all types of singing, dancing, gymnastics, instrumental music, dramatic or comedic monologues, baton twirling, painting and ventriloquism.
- Evening Gown: Each contestant appears onstage in an outfit of her own choosing, representative of what would wear to a formal, black-tie social event. Pantsuits, cocktail dresses and evening gowns are all appropriate for this phase of competition.
- Onstage Question: Each contestant will be asked one onstage question concerning their community service interest, current events, social issues or other topics.