About the Pageant
The 2018 Miss Prince George’s County Scholarship Pageant will be held on Sunday, January 28, 2018, 2:30pm at Friendly High School. Doors will open at 2pm. Click here to purchase tickets.
The Miss Prince George's County Scholarship Pageant is a preliminary competition where those selected will represent Prince George's County in upcoming Miss America's competitions.
What is Expected of a Contestant?
- Consistent with the job responsibilities and the Miss America philosophy, women are being sought with the best composite of the following qualities and attributes of Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and the role of women in society at large
- Physically conscientious women with a confident and commanding presence
- An ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America organization
- Considered both talented and intelligent
- An activist on issues she deems important
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions
- Accomplished individual whose diversity represents a composite of the “Best Modern Woman”
- A leader by virtue of her experiences
- One who takes personal pride in physical fitness and health
- Raise $100 (local competitions) donation for Miss America and the Children’s Miracle Network
Determining Your Eligibility to Compete
- You must be a resident of the Prince George’s County, or attend school full-time or work full time in Prince George’s County
- Be at least 17 by pageant date, but no older than 24
- Single, never been married
- Be at least a high school senior
- Be a US citizen
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America organization
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as determined by the Miss Prince George’s County organization
- Should you win the local title, raise $250 for the Miss American National Platform: Children’s Miracle Network
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as determined by the Miss Maryland program, should you win the Miss Maryland title.
What is required to register for the Miss Prince George’s County pageant?
- Platform Statement
- Contestant Contract
- $100 in donations raised for Children’s Miracle Network